This car was the smallest model (1775cc-4 cylinder engine) offered by Jaguar at the time. Lager models were the 2.5 and 3.5 liter 6 cylinder cars. Today the 3.5 liter car is the most desirable by collectors but in its day it was this small 1.5 liter car that carried Jaguar through difficult post war years. All three models were identical aft of the A pillar, meaning that once seated inside that car one cannot differentiate between the 4 or 6 cylinder cars. Externally, the lager cars had a longer bonnet to accommodate the 6 cylinder engine. The post war liter series of Jaguars were the first to carry the JAGUAR name. Prior to WWII these were known as SS cars.
This particular car was ordered by HH Nawab of Bahawalpur. The build date is 16th July 1948 and dispatched date is 21st July 1948. This has been in one family for three generations. While other more grand cars in the collection of HH were chauffeur driven, this car was self-driven.
Sahibzada M. Sulaiman Abbasi